Friday, April 18, 2008

Letter from Monica

In the last week or two, I have been contacted by a number of people regarding the 39th Legislative District. You may not be aware but the Republican we had running in that seat had his petitions challenged and he was thrown off the ballot. Residents from the district reached out to me when it appeared that Dave Levdansky was going to have a free ride to Harrisburg in the General Election. After much discussion with family and friends, and after much prayer, I have decided to mount a write-in campaign for the 39th State House seat. I will need at least 300 Republicans to write-in my name on Tuesday in order to proceed to the fall. Dave Levdansky is also attempting to get Republicans to write him in as well so this is going to be a challenge. The 39th District includes the Allegheny County municipalities of: Elizabeth Borough, Forward Township, Jefferson Hills, Clairton, South Park, West Elizabeth and parts of Elizabeth Township. In Washington County, the municipalities include: New Eagle Borough, Finleyville Borough, Union Township, Nottingham Township and wards 1 and 2 of Carroll Township. If you know of anyone living in these municipalities, please reach out to them and encourage them to write me in for the position of "Representative in the General Assembly". While this write-in effort is aimed at Republicans, you can encourage your democratic friends to write-me in as well as a protest against Dave Levdansky.I believe with a grassroots push in the next few days we will be successful in this effort. If you would like to join me as I go door-to-door this weekend, or help me at the polls on Primary Election day please feel free to contact me via this email, or on my cell phone at 412-551-4891.Thank You!Regards,Monica Douglas

2 comments:

Citizens for Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am so glad you won!I am rallying for you.